Opportunities with MRN
There are currently no job vacancies at MRN
Everyday Borders Project Volunteer
MRN has secured funding for a three year project focusing on the rights of migrants across the capital. The project aims to monitor, gather, analyse and use as evidence immigration enforcement data for London to make the case against the continuation of recent restrictive immigration policies in the UK.
In these trying times we need a volunteer to help us reach out to vulnerable communities to raise awareness about immigration legislation and peoples’ rights, offer solidarity and support, as well as gather and analyse information about how immigration enforcement is affecting people on the ground.
We’re looking for individuals who passionately believe that all human beings should enjoy the same rights, are reliable, have strong communication skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with people. The unique qualities you bring to the team will help foster engagement within migrant and refugee communities across London through all aspects of online and offline communication.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A PERSON
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds and to engage with target groups
- Understanding of working and engaging with vulnerable groups, and being able to earn the trust of others
- Excellent listening skills and confidence in talking to people both in groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Commitment to equality and human rights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing and data gathering
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and deliver agreed work on time
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
Time commitment: 1 day per week for a minimum of 6 months starting in February 2017.
To apply please email no more than a two page (1,000.00 words) covering letter stating:
- why you want to be a part of the MRN team and
- what you can bring in terms of ideas and energy, along with a copy of your recent CV.
Submit your application via email by Mon 23 Jan 2017 to [email protected]. Interviews will be held on Tue 31 Jan 2017. Use the following title in the subject line: “Everyday Borders Project - Volunteer at MRN
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of something truly inspirational and challenging away from the constraints of your day to day job. You will gain the exclusive experience of meeting London’s diverse communities and being part of a team of like-minded people.
Please note this is not a paid position.