Due to recent increased commenting activity we have taken the decision to disable commenting on old blogs. As we are a small office it is simply impossible to fight spam and keep removing comments that don’t comply with our house rules on what is now an archive of over 800 pieces.
We have also decided to take a more proactive role in enforcing our blog house rules on the blogs where comments are open. The rules are there for a good reason and we want to make sure we are consistent and apply them across the board.
This is not in any shape or form meant to stifle debate, but to make sure that it remains civil and on topic.
MRN blogging and comments – Policy and House Rules
1. Please be civil– we will remove anything that:
Is considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others
Is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
Contains swear words or other language likely to offend
Breaks the law, condones or encourage unlawful activity or which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Impersonates someone else
advertises products or services
2. Comments that could damage the reputation of a person or organisation, that risk prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings or that could place MRN in contravention of its legal and/or regulatory obligations will be removed.
3. Please make comments relevant to the subject of the article. We may remove comments that we consider to be spam or which are unrelated to the article content against which they are posted.
4. Please keep the number of comments you make on a topic reasonable. Too many posts from an individual or small group can discourage other readers from joining the conversation.
5. In exceptional cases we may get a high volume of similar comments on a post. In these cases we may close comments for that post, adding a note letting you know that further comments will not be published.
6. By submitting comments to this site, you warrant that such comments are not defamatory nor infringe any law. You agree to indemnify MRN against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by MRN as a result of your breach of the above warranty.