Building Good Relations and Cohesive Communities; A Wales Migration Conference
This free conference is facilitated by Wales Migration Partnership and funded by Welsh Government. The conference will celebrate the positive benefits of migration in Wales, set out the challenges and assess the current state of play by drawing on expert opinion.
The conference will also assist participants in understanding the link between equalities duties and migration.
- Jane Hutt; Minister for Finance and Leader of the House, Welsh Government
- Professor Terry Threadgold; Pro Vice Chancellor, Equalities Champion, Cardiff University
- Professor Heaven Crawley; Director of the Centre for Migration Policy Research, Swansea University
- Jane Farleigh- Regional Director, UK Border Agency
- Don Flynn; Director, Migrants Rights Network
- Sean Bamford; Policy Officer, Trades Union Congress
- Kate Bennett; National Director for Wales, Equality and Human Rights Commission (TBC)
- Gillian Grainger; Community Cohesion Coordinator, Wrexham County Borough Council
- Dr Minkesh Sood; Manager of the Employment Project, Displaced People in Action
- Barbara Castle OBE; Director of Community Investment, Bron Afon Community Housing
- Aled Edwards OBE; Chair, Wales Migration Partnership
- Norbert Mbu-mputu; Writer, journalist
This event will be of interest to academics, people working in Welsh public services (including local authority, health, education, cohesion and equality officers, migration leads), Police, migrants interested in Wales-specific issues related to migration. Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
Please email [email protected] as soon as possible to secure your place.
For further information please contactWales Migration Partnership on 02920 909555